Thursday, January 13, 2011

Searching the invisible Web – TP’s Database

Hello i'm back to update my last post as promise. hehe ^_^
Today I visit the invisible database from TP to do some research on my topic(Endangered animals). As usual I type my topic into the search box, but this time the results are not the same as others(Search engine, meta search, subject directory). It gives totally irrelevant topic to my search topic e.g. Understanding Surveillance Technologies: Spy Devices, Privacy, History, & Applications, Revised and Expanded Second EditionXML for the World Wide Web: Visual QuickStart Guide. There is nothing about endangered animal.

This invisible web database TP can only be access, if you are connected to TP internet connection. This database focus on books only. I don't know what it means by Invisible web. maybe the name 'Invisible' is other people cannot access this books unless u use this database to search for it.
I was clueless that i use Google search engine to find what is invisible web; it refers to World Wide Web content that is not part of the Surface Web, which is indexed by standard search engines.


To me this invisible web is not good for doing research because it is lack of results. It has less range of categories/Subject). 

No comments:

Post a Comment